01 - Interview with Shameek Gosh - co-founder of Trustrace
Updated: Apr 7, 2022
Very excited to present my first guest at my new podcast sustainNOW.
Shameek is co-founder and CEO of TrusTrace, a product traceability and supply chain transparency platform. He has been associated with B2B Software and IT industry for more than 2 decades.
His personal favorite quote:
Mahatma Gandhi: “There are sufficient resources on this planet to answer the needs of all, but not enough to satisfy everyone's greed.”
The Mission Statement of TrusTrace is:
"We bring transparency to producers who really want to know what they sell and for consumers who really care what they buy."
What is TrusTrace doing? In a nuthsell: Understanding the true cost of manufacturing, selling, buying, disposing of material etc. is critical for various stakeholders to act and make the value chain more sustainable.
In this episode, we talk about his personal journey from India to Stockholm and how it impacted it in co-founding his company.
You can also listen to this podcast at Apple Podcast, Google Podcast or other major podcast distributors.
He will share 7 Key Points on how to make the value chain and the world more sustainable:
1. Be mindful when buying. Choose responsible products with small footprint
2. Buy less and go for 'Recycle, Reuse or Rent' options
3. Companies to set aggressive goals to achieve 100% sustainable products and achieve it
4. Regulators and government to reward genuine sustainable efforts and penalise greenwashing and false claims
5. The Rich world to set examples and appreciate the challenges of developing and underdeveloped regions when it comes to sustainability first solutions. 6. Support and reward innovation on Sustainability tech
7. Support Science Based Goals and assist fundamental research and development in sustainability topics
At the end of the podcast, he will share his challenges he experienced and provides a great tip for all founders in the sustainability space.